Bound

Bound: Forget Me Knot - H.B. Pattskyn

Reviewed at Hearts on Fire Reviews

I don’t read a lot of BDSM stories just because I associate them with pain and I really don’t get off on pain.

With the right partner, however, loving dominance and submission, bondage, spanking, and blindfolding can be extremely erotic.

Jason puts a lot of trust in Henry early on and though their sex was blisteringly hot, some of their encounters made me squirm a little. Boundaries were pushed, but I trusted that Henry would respect Jason’s hard and soft limits and at no time did he betray my trust.

Trust works both ways, according to Henry:

“I only just met you too, Jason. Trust is a two-way street. You have to trust that I’m not a psycho, and I have to trust that you’re not gonna go telling all your friends ‘bout how some creepy old dude raped you. I have to trust that you’re not gonna have second thoughts in the morning and call the cops.”

Henry may be an experienced Dom, but he also has a vulnerable and tender side that is not sufficiently explored in this story. Jason lacks confidence, has difficulty communicating his needs, and desperately needs acceptance. His on-off relationship with his boyfriend, Terry, is frustrating. Terry has been rather inconsiderate on numerous occasions and Jason is unable to let Terry know what he wants and needs. His best friend, Kendra, borders on being too meddlesome, but she genuinely cares for Jason and has a very good reason to be concerned about his relationship with Henry. Jason does not have a good relationship with his father, who was unexpectedly saddled with him after his mother’s death. Despite Jason’s flaws and his inability to effectively deal with the difficulties in his life, I found his character genuine and difficult to dislike. I enjoyed being a part of Jason’s thoughts while coming to terms with his submissive nature and enjoyed his conversations with Henry.

Though the time they spent together was rather short, Henry is eager to teach Jason while at the same time forming a gradual connection.

I hope in time they will fall in love and have a more balanced relationship. As things are now, Jason’s precarious situation has me very worried and he still has so much growing up to do.

I’m very much looking forward to the sequel.